Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I can't believe that I am back!

I really did think that I would be done with TNT for at least 2008...then my friend, Christine, mentioned the possibility of training with the TNT cycle team to ride in Arizona. The thought was oddly appealing to train to ride 109 miles. I knew that if I could pull this off that it would be my biggest accomplishment. Then after a few weeks of taking off early on a Saturday morning to get in a 20+ mile ride.....we made the decision to change our event to the Solvang Finest Century. Who wants to ride 109 miles on flat land when you can be challenged with the hills in Solvang for 100 miles...We sound crazy don't we?

Simply put, why not push ourselves beyond what we think we can do....don't people facing cancer, chemo, surgeries, radiation, etc get pushed beyond there limits? Training for 4 months is the least that I can do to try and ensure that we have a cancer free future.

I will be updating this blog on a regular basis to keep people abreast as to how the training is coming along. I think that this season will peak a lot of people's interest b/c this season is not only dedicated to people that have battled cancer but it is also dedicated to my Pa. He had a love of cycling that I am still trying to grasp. I like my bike and do enjoy being out cycling...but my Grandpa adored his bike and riding. I only hope that I feel half of what he felt while he was alive and cycling.

No comments: